The devastation in Houston has just about everyone wondering how we can help. YOU CAN.
These highly rated organizations are located in the most affected areas and are providing direct support to individuals and animals.
- Food Bank of Corpus Christi, San Antonio Food Bank and Houston Food Bank
- SPCA of Texas
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
- Texas Diaper Bank (flooding can make it difficult to locate dry diapers and most disaster relief organizations prioritize foot and medical supplies)
- Also, Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner established a Harvey Relief Fund at The Greater Houston Community Foundation.
These nationally known organizations are all accepting Harvey-specific donations.
- American Red Cross – To make a financial donation, visit their website, call 1.800.RED CROSS or text HARVEY to 90999 to make a $10 donation for those in need.
- Salvation Army – To make a financial donation, visit www.helpsalvationarmy.org, call 1.800.SAL ARMY, or text STORM to 51555.
- United Way of Greater Houston – has established a Flood Relief Fund to help with recovery needs of those most impacted. To give to the United Way Flood Relief Fund, visit www.unitedwayhouston.org/flood or text UWFLOOD to 41444.