Becoming a donor means more than just donation—it’s becoming part of your community’s history. You’ll have long-term satisfaction knowing you are improving the quality of life for people all over Cobb County. As a community foundation, we help donors like you accomplish your philanthropic goals by providing advice, support and expertise on charitable giving.
Establishing your own named charitable fund is easy! At Cobb Community Foundation, we work with you to help you accomplish your charitable goals.
How to Get Started:
- Determine your charitable purpose and philanthropy goals.
- Select the type of fund: Our experienced staff can discuss the options with you and help you select a fund that aligns with your purpose.
- Choose a name for your fund: Funds may be named for you, your family or business, or in honor of any person or organization you choose. You may also choose a fund name that allows you to remain anonymous while reflecting your purpose.
- Complete a fund agreement: This simple governing document clearly outlines your intentions. For some funds you will designate advisors such as yourself, your spouse and successor advisors who may be your children or other family members.
- Make your gift: Donors may contribute a variety of assets to establish a new fund or contribute to an existing fund — either immediately or through their will or estate plan. And you don’t have to be a millionaire to participate. It only takes a $5,000 investment to get started.
- Receive a tax deduction: You receive a tax deduction in the year the fund is established and anytime thereafter you make additional gifts to the fund. You can also make grants in the name of your fund or anonymously. Donor-advised funds allow you to recommend grants to nonprofit organizations locally or throughout the United States.