COBB COMMUNITY IMPACT GRANT
Funding for the grants is now being raised by Cobb Community Foundation. As a result of the generosity of our community, on April 26, 2019 , we will be awarding $100,000 in Cobb Community Impact Grants ranging from $5,000 to $10,000 each. As in prior years, these grants will be awarded for the creation of new programs and the expansion of existing programs that improve quality of life in the county. This is NOT a reimbursement grant.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
- The applicant must be exempt from taxes under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and be classified as a public charity.
- The applicant’s annual registration with the Georgia Secretary of State’s office must be current through 2019.
- The applicant must be current in any required 990 or 990-N filings.
- The applicant must maintain a social media presence or a website.
- The applicant must deliver services directly (i.e. organizations that are strictly grant makers are not eligible to apply).
- The applicant must be registered with the Cobb Community Connection (see below).
Program Eligibility Requirements
- The program for which the grant is being requested must either (a) serve Cobb County residents at a location in Cobb County, or (b) primarily serve Cobb County residents at a location which shares a city or ZIP code with Cobb. “Primarily” is defined as over 50% of the program’s clients being Cobb County residents.
- The program for which the grant is being requested must be either a new program or an expansion of an existing program.
- If the program for which the grant is being requested is administered by a place of religious worship, the program must be designed to serve the broader community and an may not be evangelistic by design.
- If the program for which the grant is being requested is administered by a school, college or university, it must provide benefits or services that are designed to meet student or community needs beyond the academic or competitive sports arenas.
- To be eligible, your organization must provide services in Cobb County or, if services are provided outside of the County, you must provide services primarily to Cobb County residents.
1/24/19 Application opens
2/25/19 Application closes, 5:00 p.m.
Mid-April Award notifications sent to applicants
4/26/19 Grants awarded at Partners in Philanthropy Luncheon
1/10/20 Grant winner’s impact report due
The 2019 Cobb Community Impact Grant Application is now closed
Cobb Community Connection (“Connection”) is an easy to use interactive database that allows your non-profit to quickly post volunteer opportunities, financial needs, goods and services needed or those you have to offer to other nonprofits. Donors and volunteers will be one click away from finding opportunities and needs based on a variety of criteria they choose (click for getting started instructions). A Connection account is a requirement to apply for the Cobb Community Impact Grant, although the 2019 application has closed, please make sure you have an account for 2020 (click for instructions on copying your URL for your CCIG application).
HISTORY OF THE COBB COMMUNITY IMPACT GRANT
In 2014, our former Executive Director Mayor Tommy Allegood worked closely with the Cobb Board of Commissioners to create a mechanism for encouraging the creation of new programs and the expansion of existing ones where a relatively small investment could make a significant impact. Between 2015 and 2017, the County made available $820,000 for the Cobb Community Impact Grants. Private and corporate donors provided $936,795 in matching dollars, and nearly 325,000 Cobb residents were impacted in some form or another.